Common Injuries Due to Overusing Your Feet
Just as you do, your feet occasionally need a vacation from work. Injuries due to overusing them are quite common and can happen to everyone, not just athletes. These injuries include:
- Plantar fasciitis – Heel pain that forms when constant/repetitive stress and pressure causes the plantar fascia band in the sole of your foot to overstretch, resulting in painful pulls on the bone of your heel.
- Metatarsalgia – This occurs when too much pressure is applied to the ball of your foot for an extended period of time. You will experience aching, burning pain.
- Stress fractures – These occur from repeated hard impacts and can lead to small cracks in the feet.
- Morton’s neuroma – This occurs from repetitive friction and pressure against the nerve that lies between two metatarsal bones.
- Shin splints – These occur due to hard impacts and strain over an extended period of time. Your muscles become stressed and inflamed, which then results in pain whenever you’re active.